Friday, November 9, 2012

Getting Started

This is my first posting. I have been wanting to write a blog, so why not write one on events.  How creative and fun could this be?  From the time I was a kid, maybe 9 or 10, I loved entertaining people. My friends from the neighborhood and I would write plays and invite the neighbors to our "show." Whether it was a play, a dance, or a musical, it was fun; it was creative. It was something I loved to do.

My life experience has been one in which I have been able to plan and coordinate many events. My work at a church allowed me to do weddings, dinners, blood drives, a Habitat for Humanity project, plays, musicals, decorating, programs, conferences, and more. What a fun job, huh?!

After moving to Texas from Virginia, that pretty much stopped. My life changed, got married and except for having the frequent dinner parties and yearly birthday party for my husband, I pretty much stopped doing events until recently.

Over two years ago, I became a part-time wedding coordinator at my church. It has been quite part-time, but this year I started getting more weddings and some away from the church. I also just recently started working for another venue as well. I'm currently taking an event planning class and well...things are starting to take off. I still have a full-time job, but weekends are slowly getting more and more booked up. I feel a renewed vigor in my life and this is where I believe God is leading me more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment